HA LONG BAY – LAN HA BAY – CAT BA ISLAND
2 DAYS/1 NIGHT on private boat
– 6.20 AM pick up from your hotel and drive to Hai Phong – the sea port city (the best time to be away from the crazy traffic in Hanoi)
-After 2 hours driving from Hanoi to Hai Phong, you take hydrofoil (speed boat) from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island (45 minutes).
– Have coffee break
– 11 AM welcome to get on board. The junk will cruise to take you to pass by the floating village.
– Have lunch on boat in Lan Ha bay.
– Keep cruising to the most scenic areas of the bay with hundreds of beautiful islands.
– Continue cruising further to see the unique Halong bay.
– Kayak through the narrow lagoons and tunnel caves called Hang Ca (the Bat Cave).
– Cruise to Bai Trai Dao beaches. Free for swimming and relax to enjoy the sunset on the
– Anchor at a calm water area for dinner and experience the peaceful night on the junk amon
g beautiful mountains.
Meals: lunch, dinner
– Wake up to see the dawn on the bay and then have breakfast.
– The boat takes you to see some other parts of the bay.
– Visit the floating fish farm. You will learn how
the local people there make their livings.
– Continue cruising further to see the unique Ha Long bay.
– Enjoy the last swimming on the bay.
– 10.40 – 11.00 AM get off the boat to Cat Ba.
– You have couple of hours free. You can take motorbike tour (with or without driver) to go around and visit Cat Ba island; or you walk yourself to see Cat Ba town, beaches and local market (This part is optional).
– Have lunch in a local restaurant.
If our boat is not busy to pick new group, we can offer you longer time
on boat. So you will have lunch and stay on boat until 13.30 before taking the hydrofoil. We only can confirm this when you are on the tour. If yes, we can take you to a beach for swimming and relaxing.
– Take hydrofoil from Cat Ba to Hai Phong and drive back to Hanoi (be in Hanoi around 17.30 – 1
7.45) or drive to Ninh Binhfor Tam Coc trip or you can get to Sapa by night train from Hanoi in the same evening.
Meals: breakfast, lunch
-The highlight of the trip is taking people to less touristy areas and cruise more to see the best parts of Ha Long.
– The place where we anchor is also very peaceful; not at the common place where hundreds of boats gather there.
– The trips can be flexibly changed due to customer’s demands, physical conditions and the tide levels (weather as well). Please do not hesitate to email us to customize your holiday.
The prices: depending on your group size because we only organize private tours, no open tours. For example, if you are two people, the whole boat will be just for two of you, no other tourists. More people are with you, the price will be cheaper.Please tell us your group size then we will send you the cost.
Inclusive services: private boat, local guide on boat, kayaks, mentioned meals, entrance fees.
You can book car and hydrofoil tickets with us or you get to Cat Ba Island by yourselves.
Exclusive services: drinks and tips
– You can ask your hotel to pack breakfast to take along on the first day from Hanoi.
– If you have any food restrictions or allergies, please let us know when you book the tours.
– Pick-up/drop-off for tours from Hanoi: at your hotel in the Old Quarter or max 2km away from the Old Quarter. Extra charge will be applied for further areas. Please tell us in advance if the pick-up or drop-off place is not at Hanoi center so we can send you the costs accordingly.
Recommendations: It is good to combine Ha Long tour withNinh Binh and Mai Chau tours. If you going further south, you can take flight to Da Nang or Ho Chi Minh from Hai Phong instead of Hanoi to save your money and time.
There are more options to get to Cat Ba. Please click here: http://ecofriendlyvietnam.com/how-to-get-to-catba-island/