4 days/ 3 nights: 2 nights on private boat & 1 night at bungalow resort on the bay
– 6.20 AM pick up from your hotel and drive to Hai Phong – thesea port city
-After 2 hours driving from Hanoi to Hai Phong, you take hydrofoil (speed boat) from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island (45 minutes).
– Have coffee break
– 11 AM welcome to get on board. The junk will cruise to take you to pass by the floating village.
– Have lunch on boat in Lan Ha bay.
– The boat takes you to some narrow lanes of the bay.
– Visit the floating fish farm. You will learn how the local people there make their livings. You also can try fishing there.
– Anchor at a calm water area for dinner and experience the peaceful night on the junk among beautiful mountains.
Meals: lunch, dinner
– Wake up to see the dawn on the bay and then have breakfast.
– Keep cruising to the most scenic areas of the bay with hundreds of beautiful islands.
– Head to Bai Tu Long bay – the quiet part of Ha Long complex.
– Cruise pass by Pearl Farm in Ha Long bay.
– Have lunch on boat.
– Kayak through the narrow lagoons and tunnel caves called Hang Ca (Bat cave).
– Cruise to Ba Trai Dao beach (3 peaches)
– Free for swimming and relax to enjoy the sunset on the bay.
– Have dinner and spend another lovely night on the bay.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
– Have breakfast on boat.
– Visit a fish farm to see how the locals make their living.
– Stop for swimming.
– Check in bungalow (Sandy Beach resort or Monkey Island resort).
– Have lunch
– Free and easy
– Dinner and overnight at the resort.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Notes: if our boat is not busy on this day, lunch will be served on boat instead of the resort
– You will have breakfast and relax at the resort.
– 11.30 AM our taxi boat will take you back to Cat Ba town (can be earlier if you want to have time to walk around)
– Have lunch in a local restaurant.
– Take hydrofoil/speed boat at 14.00 from Cat Ba to Hai Phong and drive back to Hanoi (be in Hanoi around 17.30 – 18.00) or drive to Ninh Binh for Tam Coc trip or you can get to Sapa by night train in the same evening.
Meals: breakfast, lunch
-The highlight of the trip is taking people to less touristy areas and cruise more to see the best parts of Ha Long.
– The place where we anchor is also very peaceful; no other boats close nearby; far way from the common place where hundreds of boats park at the same place.
– The trips can be flexibly changed due to customer’s demands, physical conditions and the tide levels (weather as well). Please do not hesitate to email us to customize your holiday.
The prices: depending on your group size because we only organize private tours, no open tours. For example, if you are two people, the whole boat will be just for two of you, no other tourists. More people are with you, the price will be cheaper. Please tell us your group size then we will send you the cost.
Inclusive services: private boat, local guide, kayaks, mentioned meals, bungalows, entrance fees.
You can book car and hydrofoil tickets for you or you get to Cat Ba Island by yourselves.
Exclusive services: drinks and tips
– You can ask your hotel to pack breakfast to take along on the first day from Hanoi.
– If you have any food restrictions or allergies, please let us know when you book the tours.
– Pick-up/drop-off for tours from Hanoi: at your hotel in the Old Quarter or max 2km away from the Old Quarter. Extra charge will be applied for further areas.
Recommendations: It is good to combine Ha Long tour with Ninh Binh and Mai Chau tours. If you going further south, you can take flight to Da Nang or Ho Chi Minh from Hai Phong instead of Hanoi to save your money and time.