– After Ha Long bay, drive to Ninh Binh and check in hotel in Tam Coc
– Have dinner and spend another quiet night in Tam Coc
– Breakfast in hotel
– Get on rowing boats to pass by 3 tunnels and row along the river to see Tam Coc (Dry Ha Long bay) (2 hours)
Notes: If you really want to avoid touristy sites, it is recommended to do the boat trip in Thung Nham or Thung Nang instead of Tam Coc.
– Check out hotel
– Start biking from Tam Coc to Hoa Lu. The biking trip takes you to visit local villages, rice fields and many beautiful limestone mountains on the way. After 1.5 hours, you will get to Hoa Lu – the ancient capital of Vietnam and visit 2 temples of 2 emperors Dinh and Le from 10th century and learn about historic events. (Biking is optional, you can take a car instead)
– Enjoy lunch in a restaurant.
– Drive to Kenh Ga.
– Take the motor boat along the river to visit Kenh Ga riverside village and learn how the local people make their livings.
– Drive back and get to Hanoi around 17.30 – 18.00
Inclusive services: mentioned meals, hotel, rowing and motor boats, entrance tickets, private car/van, guide, bicycles.
Exclusive services: Drinks, tips
Recommendations: It is good to combine Ninh Binh tour with Mai Chautour.