MAI CHAU VALLEY
2 days/ 1 night from Hanoi
Mai Chau is located 135 km south-west of Hanoi in the Northern province of Hoa Binh which is bordered by Son La in the West, Phu Tho and Ha Tay in the North, Ha Nam and Ninh Binh in the East, and Thanh Hoa in the South. Mai Chau has a population of about 47,500 inhabitants that belong to different ethnic minority groups such as the White Thai, Hmong, Zao, Muong, Tay, Hoa and Viet. The Mai Chau hill tribes are warm and welcoming, and famous for their handicrafts - in particular for their skills in embroidering clothes. Mai Chau offers a most splendid vista of the Valley which is surrounded by lush greens and stilt houses inhabited mainly by the White Thai ethnic group. The Sunday market brings a lot of people into town where traditional Thai dishes are made and revel in traditional dances.
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau:
- 8.00 AM pick you from hotel and drive to Mai Chau. On the way, you have chance to enjoy the stunning view of valleys, mountain passes, rice terrace paddies, sugar-cane fields…
- After the driving journey you will get to one of the villages Mai Chau valley. Have lunch at the home-stay of the White Thai people.
- In the afternoon take a walk throughout villages around such as , Lac, Van, Pom Coong, Chieng Chau… (around 3hrs). This is a good chance to see the daily life of the locals: weaving, planting rice, vegetables…
- Get back to homestay and try to get some souvenirs made by the locals
- Dinner and overnight in stilt house of the White Thai host.
- You also can request a music and dancing show by locals (optional)
- We also have options to stay overnight at hotel/resort/bungalow
Day 2 : Mai Chau - Hanoi
- After breakfast, say good bye to the family and drive to Xa Linh village.
- Walk to see the village of H’Mong minority people.
- Have lunch in a local restaurant and drive back to Hanoi around 17.00.
Inclusive: private car/van, guide, entrance fees, dinner, homestay/hotel/resort, lunches
- You can take biking tour around villages in Mai Chau instead of going to Xa Linh Village
Mai Chau day trip
- 7.30 AM pick you from hotel and drive to Mai Chau. On the way, you have chance to enjoy the stunning view of valleys, mountain passes, rice terrace paddies, sugar-cane fields…
- After the driving journey you will get to Lac village Mai Chau valley.
- Have lunch at the home-stay of the White Thai people.
- After lunch take a walk throughout villages. This is a good chance to see the daily life of the locals: weaving, planting rice, vegetables… and get some souvenirs made by the locals
- Drive back to Hanoi
- Inclusive services: car, guide, lunch, entrance tickets
Mai Chau 1 night from Ninh Binh
- After the visiting sites in Ninh Binh, drive straight to Mai Chau (Kenh Ga boat trip in Ninh Binh should be skipped)
- Have dinner and overnight at a homestay of the White Thai people.
- Enjoy local music performance and dance.
- Next day: After breakfast, take a walk through rice fields and local villages - to get understanding the daily life of the locals.
- Get back to the homestay for lunch.
- Drive back to Hanoi.
- Inclusive: car, guide, dinner, homestay, lunch (music show is optional)
- We also have options to stay overnight at hotel/resort/bungalow.