Ha Long bay – Lan Ha bay – Viet Hai village – Cat Ba island Option 2A
3 days/ 2 nights on boat
– 6.20 AM pick up from your hotel and drive to Hai Phong – the sea port city
-After 2 hours driving from Hanoi to Hai Phong, you take hydrofoil (speed boat) from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island (45 minutes).
– Have coffee break
– 11 AM welcome to get on board. The junk will cruise to take you to pass by the floating village.
– Keep cruising to the most scenic areas of the bay with hundreds of beautiful islands.
– Continue cruising further to see the unique Halong bay.
– Kayak through the narrow lagoons and tunnel caves
called Hang Ca (The Bat cave).
– Free for swimming and relax to enjoy the sunset on the bay.
– Anchor at a calm water area for dinner and experience the peaceful night on the junk among beautiful mountains.
Meals: lunch, dinner
In the morning:
– Wake up to see the dawn on the bay and then have breakfast.
– The boat takes you to Viet Hai port.
– Start walking or cycling to Viet Hai village inside Cat Ba National Park. The tour will help you to understand how the locals can make the livings while the whole village is surrounded by mountains.
– Climb up to see one natural cave.
– Walk or cycle back to the boat.
– Fresh yourself by swimming and then have lunch.
In the afternoon:
– Visit one floating farm to see how the locals make their livings.
– Kayak through tunnel cave called Hang Luon then to scheduled beach.
– Enjoy swimming more before dinner and spend another lovely night on the bay.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
– Have breakfast on boat
– Cruise to one small beach for relaxing on the beach and swimming.
– 10.40 – 11.00 AM get off the boat to Cat Ba.
– You have couple of hours free. You can take motorbike tour (with or without driver) to go around and visit Cat Ba island; or you walk yourself to see Cat Ba town, beaches and local market (optional).
– Have lunch in a local restaurant.
– Take hydrofoil from Cat Ba to Hai Phong and drive back to Hanoi (be in Hanoi around 17.30 – 18.00) or drive to Ninh Binhfor Tam Coc trip or you can get to Sapa by night train from Hanoi in the same evening.
Meals: breakfast, lunch
If our boat is not busy to pick new group, we can offer you longer time on boat. So you will have lunch and stay on boat until 13.30 before taking the hydrofoil. We only can confirm this when you are on the tour.
-The highlight of the trip is taking people to less touristy areas and cruise more to see the best parts of Ha Long.
– The place where we anchor is also very peaceful; far way from the place where hundreds of boats anchor at the same place.
– The trips can be flexibly changed due to customer’s demands, physical conditions and the tide levels (weather as well). Please do not hesitate to email us to customize your holiday.
The prices: depending on your group size because we only organize private tours, no open tours. For example, if you are two people, the whole boat will be just for two of you, no other tourists. More people are with you, the price per person will be cheaper. Please tell us your group size then we will send you the cost.
Inclusive services: private boat, local guide on boat, kayaks, trekking, mentioned meals, entrance fees.
You can book car and hydrofoil tickets with us or you get to Cat Ba Island by yourselves.
Exclusive services: drinks and tips (at your satisfaction)
– You can ask your hotel to pack breakfast to take along on the first day from Hanoi.
– If you have any food restrictions or allergies, please let us know when you book the tours.
– Pick-up/drop-off for tours from Hanoi: at your hotel in the Old Quarter or max 2km away from the Old Quarter. Extra charge will be applied for further areas. Please tell us in advance if the pick-up or drop-off place is not at Hanoi center so we can send you the costs accordingly.
There are more options to get to Cat Ba. Please click here: http://ecofriendlyvietnam.com/how-to-get-to-catba-island/
Recommendations: It is good to combine Ha Long tour with Ninh Binh and Mai Chau tours. If you going further south, you can take flight to Da Nang or Ho Chi Minh from Hai Phong instead of Hanoi to save your money and time.