Ha Long bay – Lan Ha bay – Cat Ba island option 2C
1 night on junk, 1 night at hotel/resort with trekking in Cat Ba National Park
– 6.20 AM pick up from your hotel and drive to Hai Phong – the sea port city
–After 2 hours driving from Hanoi to Hai Phong, you take hydrofoil (speed boat) from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island (45 minutes).
– Have lunch on boat in Lan Ha bay.
– Keep cruising to the most scenic areas of the ba y with hundreds of beautiful islands.
– Start kayaking to get closer to the islands, pass through tunnel cave (Hang Luon) and get to secluded beaches.
– Visit the floating fish farm
– Free for swimming and relax to enjoy the sunset on the bay.
– Anchor at a calm water area for dinner and experience the peaceful night on the junk among beautiful mountains.
Meals: lunch, dinner
– Wake up to see the dawn on the bay and then have breakfast.
– Continue cruising further to see the unique Ha Long bay.
– Kayak some more through the narrow lagoons and tunnel caves called Hang Ca (the Bat Cave).
– Have lunch and check in hotel/resort (if the boat is not busy taking new group, lunch is served on boat; if the boat is busy, lunch will be served at a restaurant)
– Free to visit Cat Ba town, local market, beaches
– Enjoy Cat Ba by night and have dinner in a floating restaurant or in a local one by your own expense.
Meals: breakfast, lunch
– Enjoy breakfast at hotel
– Take motorbike/car to go around Cat Ba island and Cat Ba National Park. Stop to visit the famous Hospital cave.
– Continue the trip to Cat Ba National Park center.
– Do trekking through jungle & forest and go up to the view point (it is about 2.5 hours trekking but can be more or less depending on your speed)
– Drive back to hotel by a different way for shower then check out.
– Have lunch in a local restaurant.
– Take hydrofoil from Cat Ba to Hai Phong and drive back to Hanoi or drive to Ninh Binh for Tam Coc trip.
Meals: breakfast, lunch
Hydrofoil from Cat Ba to Hai Phong:
14:00: so you will be in Hanoi around 17.30 – 17.45
-The highlight of the trip is taking people to less touristy areas and cruise more to see the best parts of Ha Long.
– The place where we anchor is also very peaceful; no other boats close nearby; not like Ha Long bay- hundreds of boats parking at the same place.
– The trips can be flexibly changed due to customer’s demands, physical conditions and the tide levels (weather as well).
The prices depend on how many people are going with you; because we only organize private tours. Please tell us your group size then we will send you the cost.
Inclusive services: private boat, local guide, kayaks, motorbikes/car/bus, mentioned meals, entrance fees, hotel/resort
Transfer from Hanoi to Cat Ba and return (private car/bus and hydrofoil tickets) are optional
Exclusive services: drinks and tips
– You can ask your hotel to pack breakfast to take along on the first day from Hanoi.
– If you have any food restrictions or allergies, please let us know when you book the tours.
– Pick-up/drop-off for tours from Hanoi: at your hotel in the Old Quarter or max 2km away from the Old Quarter. Extra charge will be applied for further areas.
Recommendations: It is good to combine Ha Long tour with Ninh Binh and Mai Chau tours. If you going further south, you can take flight to Da Nang or Ho Chi Minh from Hai Phong instead of Hanoi to save your money and time.
If you want to get visa on arrival, please click here for details