As the capital of Vietnam for almost a thousand years, Hanoi is considered to be the cultural centre of Vietnam, where every dynasty has left behind their imprint. Even though some relics have not survived through wars and time, the city still has many interesting cultural and historic monuments for visitors and residents alike.Hanoi hosts more cultural sites than any city in Vietnam, including over 600 pagodas and temples. The Old Quarter, near Hoan Kiem lake, has the original street layout and architecture of old Hanoi.
– 8.00 pick up from hotel then visit Ho Chi Minh complex, comprising Mausoleum, Presidential palace, his residence, stilt house and one pillar pagoda (on Mondays, the mausoleum is closed but you still can see from outside and his residence).
– Visit the West lake with the famous Tran Quoc pagoda.
– Visit the Temple of literature – the first university of Vietnam.
– Have lunch in a restaurant
– Visit the museum of ethnology – the best museum in Hanoi. This one is closed on Mondays.
– Take cyclo tour (trishaw – 3 wheels for 1 hour) or electricity car (35 minutes) to visit Hanoi old quarter. You can replace this by waking to see Long Bien bridge (please let us know when you book the tour).
– Visit Hoan Kiem lake with Ngoc Son temple.
– Enjoy the famous water puppet show.
Inclusive services: private car/van, guide, entrance tickets, cyclos/electricity car, water-puppet tickets. Lunch is optional.
Exclusive services: drinks, tips
Notes: Long clothes are needed to visit temples, pagodas and mausoleum (not too short!)