Ba Be Lake is situated in Bac Kan province which is 240 km northeast of Ha Noi capital. It is one of the most interesting attractions of the northeast region. This area is an ideal place for people who would like to escape the bustling and busy atmosphere and look for a quiet place to relax.
Ba Be lake is three linked lakes, which is home to a complex of natural marvels, consisting of beautiful waterfalls, rivers, deep valleys and caves. The nearby area is the settlement of the Tay minority, who live in stilt houses.
Ba Be Lake
(3 days – 2 nights)
Day 1: Ha Noi- Thai Nguyen- Ba Be Lake (L-D)
- 7.30 AM: Depart from your hotel or travel office, head for Ba Be National park. Arrive Ba Be, you will see the flora and fauna of Ba Be National park. It is home to wildlife species as wild pigs, bears, panthers and monkeys, 214 birds species, butterflies and many other insects. The national park is also home to 25.000 people living in 90 villages. Then trek to the Tay minority traditional stilt houses, the family lives above animals and machinery stored at ground level, and houses are built on a cutting into the side of the hill.
- Overnight in hotel.
Day 2: Ba Be Lake ( B-L-D)
- The emerald waters of Ba Be lake provide an ideal and romantic place to relax. You will see local people fishing in the traditional way.
- Take a boat trip to Dau Dang waterfall which covers a lot of wonderful and impressive cascades between sheer walls of rock. Make another boat trip to visit Hang Puong cave, which cuts right through limestone mountain.
- Visit the ethnic village of Pac Ngoi, where you will have a chance to learn about the life and culture of the Tay people.
- Enjoy daily meals of ethnic minorities.
- Overnight in local house.
Day 3: Ba Be – Ha Noi (B- L)
- On the way back to Ha Noi, you will stop in Thai Nguyen province to visit the Museum of the Cultures of the Vietnamese Ethnic Group where colorful exhibitions display the lifestyle of the 50 hill tribes residing in Viet Nam.
- Arrive Ha Noi in the afternoon.
- Private transportation
- Meals as mentioned ( B= breakfast, L= lunch, D = dinner)
- Private tour guide
- Hotel/ homestay
- Entrance fees, boat trip
Day 1 : Hanoi – Ba Be Lake (250km)
We depart at around 08:00 in the morning from Hanoi and drive to Ba Be National Park. On the way we make several stops wherever you want to take photos and visit sightseeing places and villages along the way. We also pay a visit to the Thai Nguyen Minority and Culture Museum where we can learn something about the culture and traditions of the different minority groups in Vietnam. Stop to have lunch on the way in a local restaurant. We arrive in Ba Be Lake late in the afternoon and will have dinner and stay overnight with a local Tay minority family in their traditional wooden stilt house. ( L,D)
Day 2 : Ba Be Lake
After breakfast we are going on a boat trip for about 4 hours to visit Ba Be Lake. On the way we stop at Dau Dang waterfall and the impressive giant Poong grotto with hundreds of bats. Have lunch at Ba Be lake in a Tay village. In the National Park you can discover spectacular high waterfall, rivers, deep valleys, natural caves and small lakes, steep mountains surround the lakes up to 1.745m high. In the afternoon you have the possibility to go on a short trek with our guide to one of the small Tay villages scattered around the lakes on the land. Have dinner and stay overnight in the same home stay at Ba Be Lake.( B, L , D)
Day 3 : Ba Be Lake - Hanoi
After breakfast, we leave our home stay and Ba Be Lake for the drive back to Hanoi. Lunch in a local restaurant on the way. We arrive in Hanoi at about 16:00 in the afternoon. The trip ends where it started at your hotel. ( B, L)
(B: breakfast, L: lunch, D: dinner)
Including: Private transportation, boat trip, home stays, meals as mentioned, entrance fees and English-speaking tour guide.
Day 01: Hanoi – Babe national park.
- Travel adventurously by overland an adventure car for the hidden area with fabulous natural scenery.
- In the morning, a drive to Ba Be lake, on the way stop in Thai Nguyen for a visit to Ethnology Museum where you can learn a large amount knowledge of hill tribes of Viet Nam from tangible exhibitions.
- Lunch on the way then keep your driving upto Ba Be national park with stopovers to visit some ethnic minority villages en-route.
- Drive into the park to reach the park guest house around 16h00.
- Check in and then free time to enjoy quiet atmosphere among the park
A private car, tour guide, entrance fees, accommodation and meals (L + D)
Day 02: Boating around Babe lake for natural verdant scenery.
- Breakfast, we walk into the jungle forest to reach the Lake (Babe Lake)
- Take a motor boat around the central lake and national park.
- Alongside Nang river to visit Puong cave where you and take a short rest, enjoying our lunch in a local house
- Walk to visit Dau Dang waterfall and then continue our boat trip back to Babe lake
- Enjoy swimming in the natural lake
- Boat to Pac Ngoi village of the Tay people where we will stay overnight in a local family
- Walk around the village, visit several local houses to learn about the typical culture of the Tay people as well as their daily life and daily farming, fishing jobs.
- Dinner and overnight in Pac Ngoi
A private car, tour guide, entrance fee, homestay and meals (B + L + D)
Day 03: Babe lake – Hanoi
- Breakfast, drive to visit the newly explored cave of Hua Ma in the hidden areas
- Visit local market on the way
- Drive back to Hanoi with lunch on the way
- Estimated to arrive back Hanoi around 17:00
- Drop off at your hotel – end the trip
A private car, tour guide, entrance fee and meals (B + L)