Leave the city noise of Hanoi behind as we set out into the amazing country side on this easy route which is approximately 20km.
You will cycle past villages and along the banks of the Red River, see local life in urban areas and enjoy the contrast of different life styles.
- Meet your tour guide at our bike shop for a short introduction and safety briefing.
- Leave the the built up streets of Hanoi via a scenic road winding through the city’s Old Quarter, through the urban outskirts and into the countryside. We pass the oldest bridge, Long Bien Bridge which was built by a famous Eiffel Construction company at the beginning of the 20th Century.
- Experience the beauty of Vietnam’s scenery as you cycle through back roads and along the banks of the Red River. See local villagers at work as your guide points out traditional rural activities and sights. We willstop at a local Bonsai garden before visiting a local house where you will get to meet the house owners, have a cup of tea and enjoy some local fruits.
- Continue cycling through the relaxing banana and vegetable farming area in the middle of the Red River Island. There will be an opportunity to stop and take photos of the surrounds as well as the locals working on their farms and even bathing on the banks of the Red River.
- We then head off to the pottery village of Quang Ba where ceramics are stacked waiting to be taken into Hanoi by bicycle. The route also takes you past the Red River’s floating houses and fields of colourful flowers. Depending on the time you may get to see the locals picking the flowers which are then taken into Hanoi.
- Continue cycling on the back road along the river to get back to our bike shop in Hanoi. Your guide will assist you to get a taxi back to your hotel.
- Inclusive services: English-speaking guide and bikes.
- Price: depending on your group size (private tour only)